All are welcome at our Sunday and weekday services:
Sunday at 8 & 10.45 am Morning Prayer, Rite II
Wednesdays at 7.15 am Morning Prayer, Rite II
St Luke's Episcopal Church
228 Spring St
Hot Springs AR 71901
Over 150 years ago, one Sunday morning in 1866, promptly at 10 am, the Rev R W Trimble led "the full morning service" to a crowd that filled a local saloon. It was also noted that "the responses were hearty, the singing good, and the grand sermon was preached."
The next February, construction of a simple structure began on land generously donated, and on which the present building still stands. The first service was held in May, 1870. In 1874, St Luke's was granted Parish status.
In 1888, a new church building was started and the first services were held in December of 1889. In 1924, a devastating tornado hit downtown Hot Springs and St Luke's was completely destroyed, with the exception of the High Altar, which was incorporated into the present church. A child, see ing the damage, was heard to say, "It's all gone but Jesus." The present church was completed in 1926.
In 1957, a parochial kindergarten was started which grew into St Luke's Episcopal Day School.
St Luke's continues as a place of hope and healing for the people of the Hot Springs area. We warmly invite you to come and see.